Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Nizam's Heritage Block.... The latest Buzz at S P Jain, Singapore!

I had promised to come back with more pics of the latest buzz at S P J - The newly restored Heritage Building... and here I keep my promise as always! :-)

I was always intrigued by the name "Hyderabad Road' ever since the day I landed here.
Yes, that's the name of the road on which the S P Jain, campus is located in Singapore.
Last month the new Leadership and Executive Education centre was inaugurated at the hands of the Education Minister of Singapore, Mr. Tharman Shanmugaratnam. Read more about the inauguration here.

On a quiet rainy evening after the inauguration, last week I sneaked into the new block and got trigger happy with my camera. :-D Here they are!!

Me at the entrance of the New Leadership centre...


The Leadership Centre was earlier a Royal Vacation Mansion of the Nizam of Hyderabad... That's why "Hyderabad Road". :-)

And now... let my pictures do the talking!

One of those cosy corners...


A close up of one of those frames is shown below... Take a quick glance... What do you see? a Horse jumping over an obstacle? Bingo! There you go... Wrong! Observe carefully now! Its actually a Camel!! and not a horse. :-)


An ornate but pricey glass chandelier...


A close up of a portrait of the Nizam...


The entire leadership block at S P Jain, Singapore is full of more such antique pieces... When I was done clicking my pics, I decided to take a look at the Garden, which is now being restored to its original royal beauty by the S P Jain administration.

And that's Vineet at the Amphitheatre Outside...

Finally, take a look at the open garden on the other side of the Heritage Building... which is a part of the campus too.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

beua pics... especially the one where u lookin out of the balcony....!!!
Just WOnderful!!

Anonymous said...

"A picture is worth a thousand words"
Ur blog suggests this...beautiful pics which anyone will enjoy viewing more than once...cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi

There's a Blogcamp taking place in Pune next month. The registrations have already started. Take a look at their wiki http://barcamp.org/BlogCampPune and add you name to it. This is a good platform to discuss about Blogs and Blogosphere.

Rashmi

Dips said...

long time nantar visit kelas :)

n this blog revived all the memories of college !!!!!

Deepak said...

Wow dude.. amazing pics .
I am currently doing my MBA in SPJAIN, Mumbai PGDM 07-09 Batch.
So, how is the course at Singapore ??

I maintain a personal blog for all the happenings here @
http://mbaplugged.blogspot.com

I was wondering if we could link exchange ? brothers across borders as one might say ;)