Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bangalore Bytes

Hey folks! I'm back. After a real long time, scores of procrastinating sessions (mine) and complaining emails (by friends), I realized it was time I finally punched some thoughts onto my keyboard.

A lot has transpired ever since my last blog post... I have reached an important milestone in my career with the completion of my MBA at SPJ, Singapore. The last days of the program were all about mixed feelings. The 'not-so-good-feeling' about the program coming to an end was kind of neutralized by my parents’ week-long visit to Singapore and the wonderful time I had with them. And then we had some wonderful company in the form of Delnaz’s family.

My time in Singapore can be termed as one of the most memorable days of my life. However, following my career objectives had (earlier) ensured that I would be heading back to India post my MBA; for India is where the action really is.

Before I got from B-School back into the rat-race, I got a much needed opportunity to spend some days at home to unwind, relax and get in touch with myself. My stay in Mumbai was dotted with chance encounters and meets with some good old friends. These included 'Amjed Bhai' who kept running away from all Questions related to Shaadi.com, 'Mr. All Smiles' Rajesh who never missed an opportunity to pull everyone else's leg at Prashant's wedding in Thane, 'Chocolate Girl' Prachee who just kept that chocolate smile on, no matter how many bags (mine) she had to carry :) and the 'Maratha Prince' Rahul who still is in a dilemma about whether to get married first or go for that elusive MBA first. Net Net...Had a great time and by the time it was over, I was left wishing I could spend some more time with my family...

Next, I found myself headed for Bangalore to join i2, where I am based at present. A beautiful but sleepy garden city, Bangalore is still grappling to come to terms with the fact that it is now a major power center for India - thanks to IT. I am fortunate to have the company of other friends from B-School and beyond. 'The Almighty Lord' Easwar who can express even the smallest and simplest joys of life through the odes on his blog, 'Biscuit Queen' Delnaz who kept praying that Brittania doesn't post her to Mizoram, Shillong or some other remote Indian land to sell Biscuits, 'Juni Maitrin' (marathi) Shweta whom I got to meet after a really long-long time (21 years to be precise) and refresh some long forgotten memories. Thanks to them my transition to this garden City was really smooth.

That's all for now... There is a whole new bunch of interesting people I have come across in Bangalore. But more about them in my next post. Watch out!

7 comments:

Kamlesh Acharya said...

gud to catch up with the old times dude... keep posting.. and keep pasting my id in the mails... ;)

gud to see the snaps of apni dellu, God and sleeping giant... btw.. what was he wearing that nite...? luks quite 'charming' in black... ;)

Anonymous said...

u guys seem to have had a blast!
hope we have our dubai batch ka get together soon!

Easwar Subramanian said...

:) Keep rocking in Bangalore..lovely city indeed..

Heman - What a name! I know, but let it be said...

Yes Dipika, we did have great fun. Kamlesh, apni Dellu abhi Mumbai mein hai.. for her sales trng.. EJ, we will rock Bangalore for sure but guess its gonna be rather dull without you around. :)

Anonymous said...

Adhav, all the best for i2... keep blogging... :)

Anonymous said...

good good ..... having good time !!waiting for your blore updates and pics .!!!

OneDayAndForever... said...

If not anything else.... cud atleast see a pic of somethin akin to 'sunshine' on ur blog! Thank God for tat!! LOL ;)